Ahoy Pirate Families! FPST Board sincerely hopes this email finds everyone well. After receiving WHALe Guidelines for 2021 we are ready to pass along some pertinent information.
- FPST will attempt to incorporate federal and state requirements and best practices
- Guidelines are subject to change based on new requirements issued by federal or state authorities
- Each person entering the facility will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth for the duration of their time in the facility (face shields alone aren’t sufficient)
- Swimmers, coaches, and other team members will wear a mask unless in the pool, eating or drinking
- Those waiting on deck must maintain 6 feet of separation
- FPST prohibits the use of pool owned furniture. Parents/guardians must bring their own chairs if they wish to sit down
- FPST members who have been diagnosed with COVID will not be permitted to attend practice for 10 days following the diagnosis or onset of symptoms and 3 days after symptoms subside, whichever is later
- FPST members who have been significantly exposed (within 6ft for more than 15 minutes OR within the same household) to a person who has been diagnosed with COVID will not be permitted to attend practice for 10 days or 7 days with a negative test result.
- FPST will install a WHALe-mandated process for swimmers to declare they meet health standards prior to their attendance at any FPST event; this declaration may not be completed more than 36 hours prior to the event
- FPST will notify Parent/Guardians and coaches if a team member (coach, swimmer, or parent/guardian) reports diagnosis or exposure to COVID
- FPST will not exceed 50% occupancy
- FPST coaches will not be allowed in the water with swimmers
- Dual meets (meets against another WHALe team) will not take place
- Post season meets (Meet of Champs and Allstars) will not take place
- FPST 2021 swim season will run May 5-June 30
When considering registration of 6 and under swimmers and new 7-8 swimmers keep in mind that the coach will not be allowed in the water. All 6 and under swimmers and new 7-8 swimmers will be required to complete a swim test and acceptance to FPST swim team will be at the coach’s and Board Members’ discretion.
FPST has the following options for what the 2021 season will look like and we are polling our families to get an idea of where everyone stands.
- Practice only- swimmers will attend practices only, no times to be collected or ribbons awarded
- Black & Gold Meets- FPST swimmers will be divided into two teams and compete against each other in 4 swim meets taking place on Saturdays and/or weeknights where ribbons and times will be collected (further logistics of this option TBD)
- Virtual Meets- FPST swimmers will be timed during practice and times will be submitted for comparison with another team; ribbons awarded after results are calculated
Please complete the attached survey by March 10 and we hope to see everyone, from 6ft away, in May!