Season Starts Soon
We are anxiously counting the days until we can get in the pool(7 days!!).
We have exciting things to cover at the Parent Meeting (4/28 at 7pm) at the Club at Falcon Point in the main dining room.
24503 Falcon Point Dr Katy, TX
Please send at least one parent from each family to the meeting. We need to explain all the policies and procedures, including Covid regulations which have recently been relaxed a bit from the League. There are waivers that need to be signed before swimmers can enter the pool. It should be no longer than 45 minutes.
Evaluations for ALL 6 and Under and new to the team 7/8 swimmers takes place this Monday and Tuesday at the pool from 5- 6:30.
Registration is closed.
See the practice schedule below:
May 3 - 26th Evening Practice as follows
13 &Up (high school) - 4:15 - 5:00 pm
6 &Under - 5:00 - 5:30 pm
7/8 - 5:30 - 6:15 pm
9/10 - 6:15 - 7:00 pm
11 & Up - 7:00 - 7:45 pm
June 1- June 25th Morning Practice as follows
*Please note, there will not be practice May 27-31 in observance of Memorial Day weekend
11 & Up - 8:00 - 8:45 am
6 & Under - 8:45- 9:15 am
7/8 - 9:15 - 10:00 am
9/10 - 10:00 - 10:45 am
Camper Swim (In June Only)
Monday and Wednesday 7:30- 8:00 am
*If you have day camp and can't make it to practice at your regular time, there is an optional early swim practice. Coaches will be available to lead workout.
2021 Season Open
As we navigate a unique season we want to ensure the safety of all our families and swimmers. New guidelines have been distributed by WHALe (our governing body) of how practices and meets can be run smoothly and safely. We understand that the guideline will be a 'living' document as we adjust to follow the CDC, National and Local regulations. Please be flexible with us as we lay the course for our season. Currently, the following guidelines will be in place:
- FPST will attempt to incorporate federal and state requirements and best practices
- Each person over the age of 2 entering the facility will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth for the duration of their time in the facility (face shields alone aren’t sufficient)
- Swimmers, coaches, and other team members will wear a mask unless in the pool, eating or drinking
- Coaches providing instruction in the pool will wear face shields.
- Those waiting on deck must maintain 6 feet of separation
- FPST prohibits the use of pool owned furniture. Parents/guardians must bring their own chairs if they wish to sit down
- FPST members who have been diagnosed with COVID will not be permitted to attend practice for 10 days following the diagnosis or onset of symptoms and 3 days after symptoms subside, whichever is later
- FPST members who have been significantly exposed (within 6ft for more than 15 minutes OR within the same household) to a person who has been diagnosed with COVID will not be permitted to attend practice for 10 days or 7 days with a negative test result.
- FPST will install a WHALe-mandated process for swimmers to declare they meet health standards prior to their attendance at any FPST event; this declaration may not be completed more than 36 hours prior to the event
- FPST will notify Parent/Guardians and coaches if a team member (coach, swimmer, or parent/guardian) reports diagnosis or exposure to COVID
- FPST will not exceed 75% occupancy
- Dual meets (meets against another WHALe team) will not take place
- Post season meets (Meet of Champs and Allstars) will not take place
When considering registration of 6 and under swimmers and new 7-8 swimmers keep in mind that the coach interaction will be limited this season. All 6 and under swimmers and new 7-8 swimmers will be required to complete a swim test and acceptance to FPST swim team will be at the coach’s and Board Members’ discretion.
- Updated 3/25/2021
2021 FPST Swim Team Registration Information
Registration costs are $120 for 1st swimmer (age 4-14), $115 for 2nd swimmer and $120 for additional swimmers in same family and $35 per child (age 15-18)
Registration includes approximately 8 weeks swim instruction/coaching, team t-shirt, and insurance.
Before you decide if swim team is right for your family, please read the Team Handbook under the Policies and Other Documents tab. Swim team is a commitment for the entire family.
End of March: 2021 Team priority registration for 2019 team families in good standing. If you were on the 2019 FPST Swim Team, you will receive an email with registration instructions.
March 29th: Open registration for new swimmers
PLEASE NOTE: We are ALWAYS in need of kids ages 13-18 and typically age 11-12. Once you receive the registration information, please register right away as spots are first come, first serve and fill up quickly.
April 24- Registration CLOSES
May 3 - June 25: Swim Team Practice and Meets