Swim Meet Details for 6-9-22 WSST at FPST
Hello Falcon Point Pirate Families!
Believe it or not, our second swim meet of the season is this Thursday, June 9th! This will be a home meet swimming against the Williamsburg Settlement Marlins. Please help us in making them feel welcome at our pool and extend a helping hand when you can. Below is all of the information you will need in regard to the meet. It is very important that you read through everything.
**If anyone is interested in singing the National Anthem before the meet starts, please let me know.**
If you are scheduled to volunteer at this meet, you will receive a confirmation/reminder email prior to the meet with your needed arrival time, check-in information and important details regarding your role. Job sign-ups are closed, and you are responsible for finding your own replacement should you wish to make changes.
Swim Meet Information:
- Team warm-ups will begin at 5:00pm. Please plan on arriving by 4:45pm to have your swimmers ready to get in the water promptly at 5:00pm.
- Swimmers should proceed directly to their Ready Bench (Look for our yellow tents) before warm-ups to be checked in. If your child is not there by 5:00pm, they will be pulled from any relays they were scheduled to swim. Please note that failing to show for Relays can result in 3 other swimmers who showed up on time not being allowed to swim. Please be considerate of others.
- Swimmers must wear their team suits. All black, one-piece swimsuits.
- The official meet will begin at 6:00pm. The ending time will vary based on many factors, and some swimmers may be finished earlier than others. Your Ready Bench parents can let you know what event your swimmer’s final event for the day will be. Do not leave without knowing that your child is finished swimming!
4:30 pm – pool will open for families
4:45 pm – swimmers need to have checked in with their Ready Bench parents
5:00 pm – warm-ups for Falcon Point Swim Team
5:30 pm – Officials’ Meetings
6:00 pm – Meet starts
The pool's parking lot will be reserved for the following: Coaches, Board Members, Set-up Crew, and Coordinators only. You may park on Falcon Point Dr, or on the RIGHT side of the club’s parking lot. NO PARKING ON MAHOGANY RUN!!
What to bring:
- towels, goggles, swim cap (wear team suit and shirt)
- folding chairs, for both your swimmers and spectators. All the pool loungers and chairs are utilized for set-up and volunteers
- Pop-up tents or canopies for shade if you have one
- water and snacks (food will be available for sale by the club, and they accept cash and credit card)
- sunscreen, mosquito spray
- books/tablets, quiet games, or coloring books to keep your swimmer entertained between events
Swim Team Conduct
Parents, please speak to your swimmers before the meet regarding behavior. We expect all swimmers to be respectful of all adult volunteers, coaches, and other swimmers. Swimmers are expected to stay at their ready bench at all times and be responsible for their own trash and clean up.
Go Pirates! Arrrggh!
***Do not forget to complete the Athlete Protection training and submit the certificate to us, or you will not be allowed at the meet and will lose any points you would have earned. https://training.swimwhale.com
***Sign up for remind to get the fastest updates on things that are going on. Text "@fpst22" to the number 81010.